Aubrey's Antiques

Nostalgia,Collectibles & Reproduction Pine Furniture

fake uggs & UGG boots outlet australia sale for lowest price.
 

fake uggs

The community is rallying around a family suffering the loss of their 10-year-old son following a devastating fire that ripped through a Brampton townhouse complex, leaving as many as 100 people homeless.

Nicolas Gabriel, 10, was the sole victim of the fire that broke out around 3:19 a.m. Sunday morning. He had been staying at a friend’s house for a sleepover.

“It’s unbelievable you can lose a loved one so quickly,” said Marsha Nakonecznij, a friend of Nicolas’s mother.

Emergency crews arrived to find the two-storey building at Ardglen Drive completely engulfed by flames as the fire made its way across the roofline.

Officials say the fire started in the kitchen of the unit Nicolas was staying at and that the fire spread rapidly in both directions.

After the fire was out, Peel Regional Police Const. Lillian Fitzpatrick said it was the responding firefighters who confirmed the tragic news that a boy had died.

When firefighters went through, they located the body of the child inside a unit, Fitzpatrick told reporters on Sunday morning, just a few hours after the fire had started.

Nicolas’s father Shane Gabriel posted a photo of his himself and Nicolas on his Facebook page early in the morning, writing ““Please pray for us. Nicolas was in the apartment that caught fire and is now missing.”

His status, only a few hours later, revealed they had lost Nicolas. I just want to wake up from this nightmare, the message read. 

The fire destroyed left 18 units badly damaged or destroyed, according to police. Many of the near 100 people left homeless fled in the middle of the night with only the clothes on their backs.

Between 200 and 300 people were evacuated from the area. That number includes those who lived in adjacent units, along with those living in the units that burned.

Tressa Daley was one of the residents who fled just in time. Daley told CBC s Matt Galloway on Metro Morning Monday that her husband woke her up at about 3:30 a.m. and were told her they needed to leave immediately.

I believe if we were sleeping for about five minutes more our families would have got the unfortunate call we have passed because the smoke entered so quickly, she said.

She said that luckily her children were away for the weekend but that they are all feeling grief for not only the loss of everything they owned, but also the tragic loss of a neighbourhood friend.

As a mother I couldn’t imagine how [Nicolas’s] mother feels right now,” she said.

“We are familiar with the little boy. My daughters played with him, just two weeks ago I was playing with them. The kids had their bikes outside.” 

Some evacuees were taken to Gibson Recreation Centre.

The Canadian Red Cross and Peel Salvation Army have been assisting the victims.

Peel housing will be working with the affected families to help them find shelter for the long and short term.

The city’s emergency manager Alain Normand said they have already received an overwhelming amount of donations.

“It’s great to see the community pull together,” Normand said, adding that aside from emergency food and clothes, money is badly needed.

“Some have insurance, some don’t,” Normand said. “Some lost everything.”

The city has set up a trust fund through its website.

Anyone interested in helping affected families can donate financially to the Nicolas Gabriel/Ardglen Trust Fund at: www.regenbrampton.com.

The fire marshal s office continues to investigate.


Related Articles:
ugg outlet online
replica uggs
uggs outlet online
the ugg shop
cheap real uggs
ugg boots cheap